Tuesday, November 03, 2009

What else is there to talk about

Sorry. One other thought. If I am constantly cleaning and chasing scum, that leaves very little time for me to do anything that might be very interesting or be more interesting to others to talk about other than chatting about scum in our houses. Listening to 'discussions' on things more interesting leaves me feeling sort of out of it as my mind can not even wrap itself around a subject which could be interesting to me if I had time to devote brain cells to it. I dreamed of keeping up with the reading with the older kids this year again and it has not been happening. I will give it another go but I do wish I had something more interesting to discuss with other people other than my discouragement and feelings of being overwhelmed. I will 'try hard' to try to focus on other peoples lives right now and it is true I have been sort of a boring downer. Yikes. I think the struggle is I would like to be able to enjoy my children and find very little opportunity to do that when the rest of life looms. Oh........the other stresser is having my husband stressed from people all around him losing their jobs and wondering what his own future is as far as where they will be working etc. He is not exactly capable of helping destress things right now and so I chase after trying to make his life easier and even that has not been working well lately. There is only one of me. That is all. I'm not helping myself here.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

:(!

Praying for you.

Susan said...

Hey, reading your posts actually helps me. It reminds me that cleaning scum is sometimes what it's all about. (See? The hokey-pokey isn't what it's all about. De-scumming is what it's all about!) I want to think interesting thoughts too, but it seems like cleaning the yard, cleaning the floor, and trying to keep up with a little schoolwork is soooo boring to most of the people around me. What do I have to offer a friend? No time for tea. No time for interesting discussions. Right now, all my thinkingness is in whatever is happening for school; without little ones any more, I have more interesting schoolwork to teach than you do. But boy, oh boy, I sure feel for you.

Remember too, that you had Anna this weekend. I don't know about you, but those kind of weekends always make me pine more. Seriously, Karin, it takes recuperation time for you when Anna goes back to school. Allow yourself some leeway for a few days as you are re-missing her after the joy of her company this weekend. (Shoot, it's so shallow to say "allow yourself some leeway" when I know how much is pressing in on you. I wish I could give you a big hug. But we both continue to do what we're supposed to do for our families, and the hugs will wait for months....)

Bikermom said...

Thanks Susan. Appreciate your understanding. I have a brain in there somewhere. I think I need a little more evening help with the crazies right now. We will figure it out somehow. Sigh. I get stuck every so often and I drive myself crazy. I better go chase some scum as I am feeling a little better now........