Thursday, December 25, 2008

Gilligan's Island strikes again


During a very long bout of ten people suffering from stomach flu, I invested in a very valuable TV collection......Gilligan's Island. The kids love it. I think I have mentioned that before. It is the first season edition and Benjamin particularly loves the episode where this Mr. Surfer dude surfs on a Tidal wave from Hawaii to the Island.


Today my parents gave dear little Benjamin a very cool sled. He opens it and turns to my parents and says "Yippee! A surf board!!!!" We were all very surprised and then of course I had to explain his obsession with Gilligan's Island. What little boy, who has rarely left Northern Indiana would be excited that his grandparents got him a surf board???? Of course this was worth a lot of laughs and no he didn't think we were laughing at him but was rather more excited to learn it was a sled. Martin got one too and they REALLY are fantastic sleds. They spent the latter part of the afternoon zooming down our hill and into the field. It was the best sledding ever in our yard. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!!!

2 comments:

sarahlaughed said...

Benjamin was talking about Gilligan's Island in most enthusiastic language on Christmas Eve, though I couldn't quite make out what he was saying. It's neat to hear a child so excited about something like that. They've got a peculiarly innocent joy.

Totallyscrappy said...

Our boys LOVE Gilligan's Island. Thanks for planting the theme song in my head for the next day or so... ;)