Friday, March 30, 2007

Waking babies up

I need to make a great big sign to put on all of the doors that says something about assuming the baby is asleep. LaRena and I had traded kids to get some school done again and Stefan was asleep so, sensing the 'baby is asleep miracle', LaRena and kiddos scooted out the door to go clean the church. I rushed to the back room to start decluttering and was making wonderful progress. I then proceeded to get very excited about getting the dinner started as well or possibly even washing the kitchen floor. That is when it happened. One of my dear children was heard screaming up the stairs (where the baby sleeps) "MOM!"....."MOM!". I bodily removed the child and hoped the baby would not wake up......he woke up. Ugh. This baby never gets to take a nap. I made the dear child come and hold the baby while I did a few more things.

Stefan's eczema is in the flare up mode again. I will have to give him a good long bath and slather him up. I wish I could figure out what makes him get irritated at certain times.

I realized something this morning. My oldest dd and I sometimes knock heads (that is not the deep thought) and I have been trying to figure it out. Well, I think this is part of it. I am a very relaxed person in reality (even though great big clutter messes make me nuts) and my dd pointed out to me that my sandle was not buckled all of the way. In her mind she was 'helping' me and in mine I try to figure out why people point these things out to other people. Of course I knew it was unbuckled and I did have a plan to buckle it when I sat down in the van. She is trying to be helpful but my impatient self sees it as she thinks I don't already know this and I need help. I just do things differently. She is VERY put together. She dresses perfectly and her hair is done perfectly etc. That is who she is. So.....to make a long story short I explained to her these differences and that when she tells me these things (often) to help me it comes off as sounding like some particular relatives who point out that there are toys in the return air vent. That stopped her in her tracks.....for today anyway.

Enough rambling.

No comments: