Friday, April 11, 2008

An explanation

So a wise friend of mine pointed out to me that I am pregnant and that would explain a lot of the crying on dime syndrome. Makes sense. Then I told her that I am not always pregnant which turned into her pointing out that most of the rest of the time then I was post-partum!!!!! I have been one or the other for 18 plus years!

Another friend said "Yes, I feel like this too for another reason." That will be next........ugh hormones.

I still can not stand sitting in a class or church and then suddenly I need to find a way out that doesn't send the pastor or people with us wondering what is wrong etc. Perhaps I need a t-shirt that says "pregnant or post-partum, proceed with caution".

No I am not in the depths of despair but drat does this issue bug me. I am sure it gives me somewhat of a reputation for crying easily and it is true I was like that in kindergarten and drove my parents nuts. Stop crying Karin!!!!! Perhaps the back of the shirt should say "Be careful what you say around this one" Ugh. I think what I almost always need is a nap or a good laugh.

Hope you all have a cheerful day!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Laughter through tears is one of my favorite emotions!

I prefer to think of my sensitivity as a super power which allows me to be more empathetic and sensitive to others;)
I think it also gives me a keener sense of intuitiveness in that often when I meet someone for the first time i can sense if there is something under the surface and therefore I can either avoid that person or keep a sharper eye on them.
There are pros and cons to being uber sensitive just like there are pros and cons to being very logical. I guess some days it's a cross to bear and other days a gift from God;)

Karin said...

Couldn't have said it better myself Anita. Thanks.