Saturday, February 28, 2009

Swinging our feet

There is nothing cuter than a baby swinging her feet in happiness. Ingrid does this all the time. Older children do it too. Perhaps we adults should give it a try. I was sort of laughing, thinking of some shorter people who complain of chairs not being short enough to touch the ground. THEY can SWING THEIR FEET THOUGH. I am jealous. I was definitely a foot swinger as a little girl and frankly it was fun. Maybe we all need to get some taller chairs so we can swing our feet.......

6 comments:

sarahlaughed said...

But when you don't have any option *but* to swing your feet, it can get uncomfortable. After awhile, the circulation in your legs gets cut off at the knee. It's very annoying.

Karin said...

ok, ok, I guess you are right.....:o)

Debbie Theiss said...

I still love to swing my feet on swings that are high enough at the park! What fun! You are correct, more feet swinging is needed. :-)

Anita said...

I completely agree:D
Even though I was the kid who would get her feet behind the rung of the chair and forget how she got them in there and have to throw myself onto the floor to undo my inprisioned feet.
So My vote is for more feet swinging on rungless chairs, lol.

Karin said...

Thanks. :o) The point being of course that the carefreeness of feet swinging is somewhat lost on adults and myself included. I just need more feet swinging. Perhaps if I get to take my trip to IKEA I will hunt a tall chair just for that purpose......

Anita said...

Why not just come over to my house? It's closer then Ikea and I have a pub table with tall chairs. We could swing our feet and drink some mead :)