Monday, April 27, 2009

Charley's landmark experience

I just remembered what happened on Friday. Charley and I went shopping in Shipshewana and he was holding Ingrid while I putzed around in a music store. Well I overheard Charley talking to someone in the hallway saying "I knew this would happen someday and you are the first one to say it" Ahem. I immediately knew what had happened. A fifty something man had asked Charley if Ingrid was his granddaughter. ;o) He took it well and when I appeared in the hallway the man jokingly said "So this must be your daughter". :o) Har har. It hasn't happened to me yet but I am sure it wouldn't be too difficult. The gray count is slowly going up. I suppose if there are any other little Horner's in our future it would certainly increase the chances. Just thought you would enjoy Charley's landmark occasion.

5 comments:

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

Cool!

Amy said...

The first time? That's great! It happens to me all the time - at least once a month.

Karin said...

Really????? I wouldn't say that by your pictures. Well.....you look good to me!

Rev. Robert Franck said...

I'm surprised it hasn't happened to ME yet, considering how hoary my head is.

Karin said...

You have such a cute young smiley face Rob and you still move quickly. ;o) I'm sure the day will come.