Friday, August 29, 2008

It's a Girl!


Probably most people I know already know this but Monday evening at 6:00pm we were blessed with the safe and uncomplicated birth of a new little daughter, Ingrid Christina Irene. She is beautiful and healthy and I am thankful. She weighed in at 7 1/2 pounds and is 20 inches long. Anna may have posted her picture on her blog but I am not sure. This is my first venture to the computer. By the doc's dates she was almost two weeks early but by the ultrasound she was only a few days early. The Lord was indeed merciful in that things went pretty quickly and for that I am extremely grateful.


Charley said the funniest thing when she was born "It's a boy!" I guess the umbilical cord confused him and the doc said "No it isn't! It's a girl!" so that was an interesting announcement to me. I got to have her up close and personal right away so I knew the doc was right. Poor Charley.


Everyone is adjusting well including Stefan who I assumed would not be too happy but he loves her and touches her carefully. That is an answer to prayer for sure. He still hops in my lap if the baby is elsewhere so he certainly hasn't given up on having his mommy's attention.

7 comments:

Anita said...

Congratulations!!!
She's beautiful. Simon just saw her picture and said "Ahh what a sweet baby."

Presbytera said...

What a gorgeous blessing Karin! Give her a smooch from me!

Glenda said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby Ingrid is.

organistsandra said...

Karin, I'm so thankful with you for the uncomplicated delivery. Praise God. I can't wait to meet Ingrid. I love the name!

Kids like traditions and your kids liked the Chinese stir fry I brought after Stephan was born. I think that should be a tradition. When would you like the meal?

Jane said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad everything went smoothly. May that continue! :)

Genuine Lustre said...

Love her name. Praise to the Almighty for a smooth delivery!

Karin said...

Thanks y'all. Amen to Polly's comment. I don't venture to the computer much yet so have been slow in responding. Thnaks again.