Saturday, August 09, 2008

Life lessons

Anna's career of ham has come to a close. No tears were shed and basically she quit. Three weeks in a row of not being notified that she wasn't needed to work and having bothered to drive over there for nothing is sort of a hint that things are not working out. The woman who hired her is not in management anymore and is a friend and even she upon hearing what happened again said "That's ridiculous (different word) just quit". She felt bad as she led Anna and us to believe that she would be able to get some decent hours etc but since she is not involved in that way anymore couldn't really change anything. Anna's dad was less than pleased. But, with no tears shed I suppose Anna is a person who is not going to get too emotionally upset about someone else playing games with her. It all is a little more complicated than that but she is a better 17 year old than I was. I never had to work for anyone outside of the family until college really so didn't have to deal with such games. I worked at a summer camp and then at the bookstore where my mom worked until my Junior/Senior year of college. Spoiled........

That is all from the farm today. Cucumbers are taking over, beans need to be canned, and the house needs to be cleaned some more. Someone did mention to me that I might want to find the baby clothes sometime.........true. I dreamed the baby was born with teeth and looked really too old to be a newborn. Weird dream.......

No comments: