Friday, October 23, 2009

Alone time and sleep

I may have to establish some new habits. I am not sure if I am capable of this though. I am becoming majorly sleep deprived. Some of my sleep deprivation is self induced. I tend to like to have a little alone or adult only time after the kids are in bed. An hour or two of not answering questions or giving directions floats my boat. Of course there is silly internet time too. So I usually manage to get to sleep between ten and eleven depending on whether husband darling wants to watch silly tv with me, or college daughter dear wants to call and giggle about insanity etc. Sigh. I love this time. But.............Ingrid has taken to getting up in the three to four o'clock a.m. range and this morning got up at 4:30 and would NOT go back to sleep.........until now. It is 6:38 a.m. and I've had my coffee (yes, with caffeine) and the poor little Ingrid dear is tuckered out.
Her poor tuckered out mommy was beside herself this morning just wanting to catch a few more winks. I am thinking I might have to get to bed earlier and then have my alone time at 4:00 a.m.????? Ouch. I SOOOO need to have a night of quality sleep. My sleep deprived college daughter and I have much to commiserate on. I am glad I don't have a test in the morning though.

The biggest problem with sleep deprivation is having the energy to face what I have to do during the day. I keep pushing myself to stay on my feet to get that load of laundry put away or follow through with dinner plans so I am not tempted to make scrambled eggs for dinner. I feel asleep on my feet at times. Then there is the cranky wanky sensations that sneak up on me.

Right now I am contemplating dear Polly's suggestion of using a squirt gun to get the teenagers up in the morning.........heh, heh, heh. I am also hoping I can get Ingrid back in her bed so I can move around and get something other than silly blogging done. Good morning everyone else! On to the rest of the day!

No comments: