Friday, September 12, 2008

Definitely muddling

I don't have time to be sick. I think things are a little better and Ingrid has not been too bad off so that is good but being a zombie and trying to mother 8 kids is a trick. Some kids do take a little advantage of the resident zombie and some are struggling with this stupid cold themselves.

We are managing to work on homework and I am trying to read required books that they will be reading. "The Red Pony" was a little odd and it didn't seem to have an end. I need to find another copy and see if that is the way it is supposed to be. "Babbit" so far is odd as well. It seems like it could have been written today but was written in 1920. So much for the good old days. I am only about 20 pages in so it will be interesting to see how all of that turns out.

Anna was accepted to IU yesterday and did receive a scholarship that will certainly help. It isn't a full scholarship but definitely significant enough to get the parents excited. Perhaps it is tacky of me to mention this but I am just a proud mama.

Back to muddling.

3 comments:

OFHP said...

It's not tacky --there is nothing wrong with being proud parents.

You have a lovely young lady there
and I'm thrilled she was accepted and scholarships are always a welcome item.

Susan said...

Hey, proud mama, we are thrilled to hear of Anna's good news too! I'm glad you "bragged"!

I hope you feel better soon.

Anan said...

It is the scholarship they always mention as being the most specialest though.