Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Snitch Cake


Anna had the inspiration to make a golden snitch cake for Zachary's graduation party and I think it turned out great. I especially enjoyed the moment when some ladies from church asked what the snitch was made out of and the look on their faces was priceless! "Oh, it is four layers of cake with frosting in between and then frosted on the outside. The wings are molded fondant." There is nothing better to a mom than to see the stunned look on a group of women's faces when they realize this thing is made out of cake and frosting. I think they thought it was clay or something. We didn't eat it this morning as Zachary's dad wanted to take it home with them. I hope I don't find it in their living room a few weeks from now.........


So.....those years of cake decorating do pay off with moments like these. I will have to hunt down pictures of her other odd cakes to post on here.

No comments: