Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lots of stuff

So the State sent us a little rebate on our property taxes. Weird. I am not complaining. Then we got Charley's retirement statement - ugh. Try not to think about the stock market........

Let's see......Matthew has a bombing headache and is in sick bay. Perhaps it is just a headache. Stefan is teething and must have gotten a little cheese with the chicken he snitched from me......cleaned up the mess. He is happy enough though.

Asked about car insurance for Anna and decided our children are never driving. HA! We should get her a permit but she would have to have a pretty good job to pay even part of a 16 year old's insurance. I am not sure how people afford that. We did learn that since boys insurance is even that much more expensive, that they do get a break if they are married. HA! again. The insurance lady was plotting a newspaper article about a lady who gets her boys married off early to help cut the cost of car insurance. We were kidding. She did have a good sense of humor and appreciated my shock at the price and blatent -'Uh, that isn't happening any time soon' comment.

My boys are obsessed with Transformers. I think they need to take up drawing them. That would be cheaper.

Um.......Charley is in Mexico where it is warm and we are home fighting the cold. It was a little better this afternoon but I understand it is getting colder again tomorrow.

Erik told me something very surprising this evening about something he has been thinking about. Nothing earthshattering but none-the-less surprising to me. Stay tuned.....can't tell.

Well, this has been a thrilling post. I must go be responsible once again if I can muster up the strength and energy. Hopefully Stefan is done reacting to his little bit of cheese. Vigilance......

2 comments:

Susan said...

Around here, the car insurance doesn't increase until the kid gets his license. Driving on a permit doesn't increase the rates. I don't know if it's the same way in your state. But if it is, that gives you the option of having the kids learn to drive while still under your bossy oversight -- I mean "tutelage" -- and yet wait until age 18 before they get the license and start paying the jacked up insurance costs.

Karin said...

Yep, that is the conclusion that has been drawn. Unless they become some sort of professional before 18, they will be under our 'tutelage' as you say. That is fine. I guess they can help with driving on trips etc as well. I do have that tendancy to feel rather sleepy on open roads....