Friday, November 21, 2008

Escape artist

NEVER muse upon other people's children escaping their cribs. We have NEVER had a child who did this and either the boys taught the two year old or he figured it out on his own. What a nightmare. Yes, he could graduate to a bed now and I guess that will be the plan since his little sister will need the crib sometime in the not too distant future.

The previous seven children saw their cribs as their snugly place which they didn't mind going to. Mom always came and got them out when they woke up and mom always seemed so happy to see them at that time. The cranky monster was tamed for a few hours and now the little cherub, or the mom, were ready to face the rest of the day. Sigh. The funniest thing was that when they graduated to their regular beds, it took months for them to realize I didn't need to come get them, they could just get out of bed. Those were the days.

Stefan is upstairs complaining about being tossed back in bed again. Maybe he is realizing I mean business as it is a little quieter but perhaps I better spy on him to make sure he is not dismantling one of his brother's creations. I guess since it took till the eighth child to have this problem, I can hardly complain.

2 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

We have somehow gotten by without ever having owned a crib.
Is he willing to go snuggle in bed with a sibling?

Karin said...

You are a stronger woman than I am. I personally am a better mom if they eventually sleep on their own in their own beds. Ingrid is with me at the moment and has been our worst solo sleeper thus far, but like with everything in parenting, we are proponants of the kiddos sleeping in seperate beds. Of course if we run out of beds that might change things. As hard as this family works and plays, I just see them as better rested on their own. I get more sleep too......

Would he snuggle up with a sibling? I doubt it. He is more likely to demand food and jump on their heads.