Monday, July 09, 2007

Leeks and butterflies




Despite the heat and no rain I took a photo trip around the yard looking for cheerful things. I have never seen a leek bloom and thought this was pretty cool. The honey bees love it so does that mean all of our honey will taste like oniions? Actually I think it is going to taste like mint again. A chocolate company grows mint north of here and the bees head that direction. Most of them anyway.




I thought this butterfly picture came out well too. We love butterflies even though some budding entomologists collect some of them. So.....we murder butterflies. Shocking. It is raining a few little drops of rain right now. We were hoping for more. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to the beach. We shall see.......

1 comment:

Nat said...

I would feel accurate saying that those are phenomenal pictures, Mrs. Horner. The butterfly one could be the cover of a magazine.