Monday, May 04, 2009

You never can tell with bees

We have gone from two hives to four hives and tomorrow will hopefully successfully create a fifth hive when I split the hive at our vege farmer friends property. We could even create a sixth hive here but we shall see how the equipment holds out. I just found it interesting that when I went to one of the hives yesterday I discovered they had swarmed into the honey super above the queen excluder and I very easily had two strong hives with no money put out in queens or packages. I had ordered a package and the people said they would call me when it came in and they never did for which I am glad. All four hives are nice and strong so I also need to call my supply source and get some more frames for honey supers fast. It is of course exciting that there is some prospect of getting more honey this year but will try not to count my honey before it is gathered.

I'm just a little black rain cloud......

No comments: