Monday, March 10, 2008

Back from Stephen's

So we spent four days in Columbia, Missouri investigating the college there. For the most part it looked very good. There is one art class that we will have to find an alternative here if we decide that Stephen's is the plan but otherwise the school itself seems very professional and the professor/student ratio is such that 'everyone knows your name'. I personally think she would be challenged yet do extremely well with the skills she already has. She is considering fashion design as a major with a marketing minor.

To be fair we should really check out IU Bloomington which does not have a major there but the church there would work out better I think. I am not sure the scholarship opportunities are as great there and I do have some program questions that are related to the art class problem at Stephen's. Oddly the head of the fashion department at Stephen's agreed with our accessment of the art class and has asked that the program be changed but to no avail. Sigh.

Then there is reverting back to music as a possibility if none of this works out. Ahhhhhh!!!!! This is a lot think about. Considering her upcoming younger sibling I need to do as much as I can with this right now. She has a lot to think about.

I think I am also in denial that my stomach is growing. It seems too early to change wardrobes but.......then there are the obvious problems of using my regular wardrobe. Perhaps you didn't want to know that.......smile.

I still do not have all my babies back. Matthew and Stefan are returning this evening and Benjamin is with my mother and returning this afternoon. It will be nice to be back together. It is incredibly quiet around here.

No comments: