Friday, June 29, 2007

Parenting

Ok, so I agree with both Pastor S and Susan at Sword-in-hat on the parenting issue. I have been musing since this came up on Monday night where my parenting style comes from and which way I lean. I think my dh and I understand law too well. I understand my parenting method all too well and forget what Susan mentioned in her comment about telling them I love them and they are forgiven. So, we will continue our ‘phrase of the month’ into another month as I think we could certainly try to remember our own need to hear these words. Aren’t the words ‘I love you’ what we can’t remember most of the time? Do we remember that Christ loves us? I don’t know about the rest of you but I am like the kid who focuses on my errors and forgets Christ’s love for me. I run to church to hear those words again so I can remember. To be reminded the price was already paid for my ongoing weakness. How sweet is that??? Thanks be to God there are a lot of opportunities to do that......

No comments: