Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Still throwing stuff away

Yesterday I started sorting through all the stacks of papers in containers. I always wonder how we could have all these stacks but for me I think it comes from tossing them in containers when we have a big gathering here at the house. Which is easier? Going through the papers at the time or tossing them in a container on the presumption that I will get to them soon. My dream is that a certain vehicle title makes an appearance. Or was it the trailer title? I can't remember. I do know that I love filling a garbage container and reclaiming space. I also know that going through papers does make a huge mess of piles as I sort through new baby memorabilia and dream that someday I will get them in an album for each child. Isn't that a sweet dream? Todd Wilson has this comic strip with an old lady scrapbooking and a passerby asks if she is scrapbooking her grandkids and she replies that she is now up to her son's tenth birthday......with a big victorious grin on her face. I think that will be me.

I have also found money in a few cards that were given to kids at their baptism or birthday that have been in those containers for YEARS!!!! One was nearly ten years old - Martin's baby gift. We are scandalous........

2 comments:

Presbytera said...

At the age of 7, we finally got Theo's baby book caught up. After that I bought a tote and put the papers in it. For Nick, he might have gotten his birth weight and height in his baby book but everything else went into a tote. We also started a picture album for each of them and I got duplicates of pictures so they have a pictorial history if nothing else!

Karin said...

Yep, totes......there are several around here. The items are now finding their totes through the current rifling of papers.